Valentine’s Day is literally a week away. It pops up before you know it and I do love it. I try to keep it Valentines all month long at home, with pink in my kitchen and hearts about the house. February is such a short month, but it’s special to me in a lot of ways. I got engaged on Valentine’s Day 1996, and my niece Veronica was born on the very same day! It’s also the month my beautiful mom Suzanne was born. She was a Leap Year baby and born February 29, 1940.
Right now, it’s warm, unseasonably so even for California. I am trying my best to soak it in and enjoy. I’ve been distracting myself a bit with all the cute Valentines’ themed things and I have to share a few as they are pretty cute. A few ideas for a friend or maybe just for yourself..
– I am starting to love square scarves again like I showed in my last post. I could wear this Echo I Heart You scarf with so many things.
– I love these Tory Burch Espadrille Mules. I can see these for running about all spring – equally as cute with skirts as with white jeans. The khaki color is another great choice in this shoe.
– How cute is this Anthro metallic zip clutch? I am crazy about these for makeup bags and travel. This is particularly pretty and also comes in a gold and beautiful blue-silver. All were just marked down.
– This J. Crew heart wrap skirt is darling. I love it with these sneakers with a pop of red! It’s also available from Nordstrom here.
– J. Crew is killing it with their T-shirts this season and this Love First one is adorable. It comes in a navy with light blue print too. Another fun piece to layer with jackets and skirts. Both the shirt and T are an extra 30% off for Valentines online if you use code xoxo from J. Crew.
Our family tradition is to cook a big meal with some fancy dessert together. When the boys were small I would always get them a small box of candy from See’s along with something cute like a pair of socks and some cash. My mom always did that for us as kids and it would be at the breakfast table on Valentine’s morning. Do you have any traditions you can share?
Kim this is such a cheery post! I love Valentine’s Day too and I find it hits at the perfect time here in Canada, we’re really in the thick of winter and it’s just festive and fun.
I always bought a little box of chocolates for my kids on Valentine’s Day, and would make them heart shaped pancakes or toast for breakfast. My hubs and I celebrate it too, and this year we’ve got something special planned.
I have to say I wish I was enjoying the warm sunshine with you! We’re having a snowstorm today and I’m just back from braving the streets, ugh so cold and so much snow and ice.
Okay I’m dying too over those red espadrilles from Tory Burch! So great.
Dani, I cannot believe you are getting so much snow it seems this year. How sweet to make heart-shaped pancakes or toast. Love it. Aren’t those espadrilles great? Deciding if I need them. I do love the khaki, but red always stands out. I hope you have a lovely Valentines Dani! I hope you’ll write about it on the blog! xx
LA CONTESSA says
I DID the same with MY SONS……………not anyMORE!
But I remind them as they BOTH have GIRLFRIENDS!!!!!!!!!
I TOO LOVE VALENTINES DAY!
THE DAPHNE IS BLOOMING!!!!!!!
DO YOU HAVE A DAPHNE PLANT?
GO GET ONE They LOVE SHADE and do well in a POT!
SEE YOU SOON!
I know, one of mine is at college now. I miss those days seeing their excitement in the morning at the table! I do not have a daphne plant. I will have to check them out! Can’t wait to see you. xo