Today starts The Thank You Event at Serena & Lily with 25% off and as a partner in design with them, I want to share my picks for holiday gifts and a few of my own things I’ve chosen to get the casa Christmas ready! This event runs November 26- December 3, so you can get a jump on your present shopping and the house spruced up early.
This is the latest Serena & Lily addition to the remodel, our new backyard furniture. I know we are going into winter, but as Californians we use our yard most of the year and I wanted to get this Pacifica Sofa for a long time. We finally bought it during the last sale plus two of the Pacifica Lounge Chairs.
What do you think? I am loving the quality of this furniture and the yard is feeling like another room with that indoor/outdoor vibe! I just need to get one of those heaters for evenings.
Two years ago we sat in the backyard on Thanksgiving. Not sure if we will be doing so this year with rain in the forecast. I’ve had my grey striped Avery Alpaca Throw out here on the deck for the chillier nights!
That Avery throw is one of my most favorite things and would make a kind gift for a special someone- or for yourself for the winter.
Throws are something I always love to receive and I have gifted many over the years. Check out the Serena & Lily throw collection during this event as there is something for everyone. There is nothing nicer to have with you on the couch at night than a luxe throw and they look so good as an accent or a pop of color.
A bench is always a welcoming item if you are having holiday parties and guests. Recently I added the Carson Bench to my entry. Its unique design was based on a bench found at a Paris flea market and it has a vintage look. I’m in love with this piece, how beautifully it’s woven, and the dark stripes. It is a great space to drop my handbag and for everyone coming and going to gather shoes, etc. We mostly don’t wear shoes in the house, so having a bench or seat is really essential in the entry! I am having fun playing with the pillows on this bench. I already had this Thanksgiving one and I love my Winter Beach Pillow’s Bohemian look. I plan on pairing it with something red for December.
Serena & Lily also makes a few other great rattan benches and the Sunwashed Riviera bench was another I considered, especially in this pretty mist color.
I think an entry needs a mirror and I’m crazy about the Cayman Mirror..
I also just ordered this cool one for my pool bath. If you have been following along my remodel saga, this small bath is finally finished, except for the mirror. The Montara Mirror has many sizes and I like the beachy rattan for a pool bath vibe. I’m excited to finally have it together for the holidays because this is also our powder room most of the year. I’ll share a picture of it as soon as the mirror is hung!
This is a snap of the pool bath.. Don’t you think the rattan will be good with this? Just a sneak peek. More to come..
Always a great choice during sales and the Thank You Event is a rug and if you read this post on rugs, you know I just added this Stella Rug, which I am so loving and it completes the dining room.. My Mailbu Chandelier helps make this probably my favorite space in the house.
Debbie also just finished a guest room and choose these Serena & Lily linens. What a nice mix of the soft blue Cavallo Linen sheets and the grey dotted pillow! Thank you Debbie for letting me share. You chose some lovely things.
Also in my cart this week is The Ryder Denim Rug. It’s got that very California casual feel with its mix of denim and wool. It will be good for our media room which I am setting up as a space for my turntable and record collection, books and reading and also as a space for the guys to hang out and for us all to do board games. French doors in that space open to the pool, so a durable as well as cute is important in a rug here.
Mary Ann Pickett, my friend is an interior designer who writes Classic Casual Home has the runner version in her stylish San Francisco home office. I LOVE this space she created. She also has the most amazing views. More of Mary Ann’s gorgeous home on this post.
Isn’t that lamp cute? She also got that at Serena & Lily.. The Flynn Table Lamp also comes with a wicker shade if you prefer.
Check out the S&L lighting during the sale. Their table lamp collection is especially cool. Lamps are just one of those things people keep for decades so they are worth spending a little more on and they can really make things look upscale. Like good accessories, a few nice ones make everything look better.
My current favorite is this Halsey Table Lamp with its bamboo shape and Hawaiian vibe. I would love it in the media room. Stay tuned..
Everyone is busy this holiday week, but if you need anything for the holidays take a few minutes to check out the Thank You Event as things can go fast sometimes.
Some great picks from this sale event for the holiday home and gifts…
- These Salento Linen Napkins are so beautiful and also come in navy, flax and white in sets of 4, 8 or 12. What a kind gift tied and so cute with the prettiest tassels. I love the sky color.
- You are all set to style your holiday drink station with the South Seas Bar Cart. I love that you can roll it outside in the summer and use it in between for photos and books.
- These Wood and Marble Servers are gorgeous and are the perfect hostess gift for someone who entertains. They have that California vibe and I’d love to add these to my special pieces to my entertaining bits!
- These Beachside Serving Boards are the perfect size for an expansive holiday cheese board or just cool on the backsplash.
- The cute Whale Spreaders are darling for the cheese board or a fun hostess gift with a bottle of wine.
- I love that the Pinecone Wreath can be used year after year and with it’s luxe velvet bow, is so classic and pretty for Christmas. It would be lovely on a colorful front door or on a French Door or window.
- The Westwind Toile Trays have been on my radar for some time with their soft blue and darling design made of birch. I kind of think they are perfect for the bedside to corral things and protect a side table.
- A sweet gift for friends or to make your house smell like the holidays, the Christmas Coastal Candle was made in South Carolina of soy and smells like pine, douglas fir, cinnamon, clove, woody cedar and lasts up to 50 hours. The Blue Jeans, White Shirt candle would be just the thing for a few California girlfriends I can think of.
- The Dalton Flannel Pajamas are on my own Christmas list and come in chambray and fog colors and are made of eco- friendly cotton in Portugal for snuggly nights.
- For the beach house vibe, the Henley Wool Throw is it. Made by hand in Peru, it will be something everyone fights over on cozy winter nights.
- For the world traveler in your life, Holiday is a beautiful tribute to the vintage Holiday magazine that was published from 1946-1977. If you are like me and adore vintage fashion, travel and photography, this book is a gem!
- Serena & Lily’s La Jolla Baskets are always a great thing to get during sales as they are one of their signature items and you cannot find similar baskets made as beautifully. They are so cute for blankets in the family room, laundry, toys and shoes by the entry. I can think of so many ways to use these!
- The Dip Dyed Stools are another S&L signature and have been popping up everywhere as plant stand which looks so cute with ferns. I would use mine in the bath to hold towels and soaps. Love the grey and navy colors too.
Exclusions on this sale are items in the sale section, gift certificates, art, and Limited-Edition PUBLIC® C7 Bike.
The code for this sale is THANKFUL.
I hope you find things to help with your gift shopping and holiday home prep here. Wishing you all a happy Thanksgiving week!
Marlo posing with my Addie Striped Pillow on our new sofa!
I wrote this post in partnership with Serena & Lily. Links may generate commission. Thank you for supporting the blog.