Just a quick post with a few fun things.. First, I wanted to let everyone know starting today, Serena & Lily has 20% off everything at The Summer Event. This will be the biggest sale of the season. Use code DIVEIN for 20% off from 5/27 – 6/1. I know a few of you sent me notes about ordering things I have in my house like the barstools and rug, and also my outdoor furniture. This is a great time to pick an item up on sale! A few of the fun summer things..I am going to order this bookcase I have been thinking about.
- The La Jolla Basket is one of my favorite S&L things and is cute in a bath for towels and laundry or to hold kid’s toys. I have mine in my new closet and I love how it looks and hides the laundry.
- The Palm Pillow Cover for outdoors is in four colors and is water and UV resistant to last many seasons. I love the navy and light blue in this, but the green and sand colors look very Palm Beachy and chic.
- I have this Pacifica Lounger in and the matching sofa (8.) in the unbleached Driftwood color and love them. They are made of a resin that looks like wicker and is so strong. After almost two years, mine still look like new.
- The Mallorca Beach Towels remind me of my trip to Sorrento where the hotels all have lovely striped beach towels! These come in a Turkish Cotton and 6 colors with a pretty fringe. I’d love to have a stack on my deck!
- The Sunbrella Lido Pillow comes in three sizes and many colors. Love the colored piping and button detail..
- Campagna Beach Towels come in round or rectangle and so lovely!
- The Teak Beach Chair comes in three adorable fabrics and is a backpack style for easy toting around. For little adventures or even on your deck
Everything on the sale you can view at Serena & Lily. Sale ends June 1st.
Speaking of Sorrento..
Are you missing travel? After a more than a year of home time, I’ve really got the travel bug. We are planning a family summer trip, but not abroad. Pictures of our summer trip to Positano and Sorrento recently came up on my photos and I was feeling wistful for all the beauty there. I thought maybe others would enjoy the pretty hotel in Sorrento and its blue aesthetic and get ideas for future travel plans..I shared it on my Instagram this week and saved it on the highlights if you want to see more and get the particulars. Here’s hoping we will all travel more soon…
If France is on your list, Conde Nast Traveller just published its Prettiest Towns in Provence . I’ve been to a few on this list, like Eze, L’Isle Sur La Sorgue and Aix, but there are a lot on this list I had never heard of. Definitely one to bookmark and use to plan future adventures.
They also have a great guide- A Road Trip Through Provence’s Lavender Fields. Just wonderful to see, even if you have no trip planned.
All these Provence photos Conde Nast.
One thing we can all use for travel is a sun hat that folds. I just bought this canvas hat at Anthropologie and it is flattering too.. Frances Valentine has the identical hat for a lot more. This is a good price -$38.
Anthro also has the CUTEST fringe tote which I am still thinking of..Love the braided straps. What a fun travel tote and also beach/pool bag when you arrive!
Because I haven’t been doing my usual tennis and walking due to my toe injury, I am obviously feeling a bit heavier, so started to eat cleaner. I’m on my third day of no sugar and it’s been fine. I’m trying to stay away from refined carbs and bread too. I was stuck for what to make for dinners and remembered these grain bowls with hummus we did last summer…
I start with dollop of hummus in each, and add chickpeas, walnuts, avocado slices, romaine spears, tomatoes, sliced bell peppers and quinoa- ( I use Whole Foods frozen). The guys like shredded chicken added to theirs too. I give each a few turns of fresh pepper and some crunchy sea salt and drizzle with some olive oil. Pretty easy and filling too.
I’m looking for more clean recipes so I’ll share any good ones I get. I also made this PF Chang’s Lettuce Cups from Damn Delicious on Monday and that one is definitely going on the rotation- so good and pretty healthy too. ( I forgot to take photos- next time!) Please share any great sites or recipes you love for clean eating if you care to in comments! I find it so helpful to hear what others are doing too.
Well, that’s it friends. Wishing you some fun for the long weekend
Some links may generate a small commission. Thank you for supporting the blog.
All photos property of Northern California Style unless stated.